BCGControlBar Bugs and Problems
 BCGControlBar colors ???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nick

15 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2004 :  01:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

I've noticed on a few different machines that the color scheme used by the BCG controls, ie. menu bars, toolbars, taskpane - all seem to utilize the systems color palette quite extensively. This is fine, an app interface that matches the rest of the system is good - but how can I override this without setting every colour manually in CBCGPVisualManagerWhatever::OnUpdateSystemColors(). If you look at how the office suite works it actually uses the same color scheme for things like the menubar/toolbars and taskpane regardless of the system palette.

Is it possible to provide the default colors (as used by office) for us to use in our own visual managers, or a way of disabling the use of the system palette?

Cheers.
Nick.

Support

3615 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2004 :  05:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick

If you look at how the office suite works it actually uses the same color scheme for things like the menubar/toolbars and taskpane regardless of the system palette.

It's not correct - Office 2000/XP/2003 bar colors depend on system colors.

Best regards,

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

nick

15 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  01:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Support

quote:

If you look at how the office suite works it actually uses the same color scheme for things like the menubar/toolbars and taskpane regardless of the system palette.

It's not correct - Office 2000/XP/2003 bar colors depend on system colors.

I'm running WindowBlinds (as I've mentioned before), and there is DEFINITELY a huge difference in colours between office and the BCG controls. If I switch through my themes I get different colours everytime, office however maintains the 'default' colour regardless of the theme.
Perhaps BCG is grabbing colours from somewhere different to office?

Nick.
Go to Top of Page

Dawoun

450 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  01:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dawoun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WindowBlinds overrides the usual mechanism of Windows colors and themes by subclassing windows. This cannot work directly with BCG applications as they use different classes for the windows. So there will probably be a difference. Check out the technology section in the WindowBlinds site for more information; you can probably add specific WindowBlinds support for your application, but AFAIK BCG Soft won't add it themselves - it's too specific.
BTW, where did you say you use WindowBlinds?
Go to Top of Page

Sven

9 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  12:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sven's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The menu colors slightly differ from Office 2003. See this image for details:

(BCGSOFT: Screenshot was uploaded to BCGSoft's site)
Go to Top of Page

nick

15 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  10:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dawoun

WindowBlinds overrides the usual mechanism of Windows colors and themes by subclassing windows. This cannot work directly with BCG applications as they use different classes for the windows. So there will probably be a difference. Check out the technology section in the WindowBlinds site for more information; you can probably add specific WindowBlinds support for your application, but AFAIK BCG Soft won't add it themselves - it's too specific.
BTW, where did you say you use WindowBlinds?

Okay, thanks for the advice.
I mentioned windowblinds in another thread when I found the controls were highlighting (mouse over/click etc) using black; http://www.bcgsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2951

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Support

3615 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  05:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay, thanks for the advice.
I mentioned windowblinds in another thread when I found the controls were highlighting (mouse over/click etc) using black; http://www.bcgsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2951

Finally, we succeeded to solve this problem on the library level (as mentioned in the previous thread, windowblinds probably doesn't change WinXP theme name). This fix will be available in the next library release.

Best regards,

Go to Top of Page

Support

3615 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  07:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sven

The menu colors slightly differ from Office 2003. See this image for details:

Yes, we see some differences - especially in the menu background. It seems, that your COLOR_WINDOWS is differ from the default Windows and this case wasn't correctly interpreted by library. This bug is fixed and fix will be available in the next library release.

Best regards,

Go to Top of Page

Sven

9 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2004 :  1:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sven's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I use RGB(255, 251, 240) as COLOR_WINDOW.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2017 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000